Build: diy personalized ipad stand
I combined the Shanty girls ipad stand with Angie's Roost ipad stand to make this personalized ipad stand.
It's a fast and easy build using minimal supplies that makes a great holiday gift.
You know I didn't make just one:
I handpainted the letters and sealed everything with clear satin poly.
I purposely choose to keep the plywood edges visible, I actually like the look of the plywood 'stripes' all sandwiched together:
The slot for the ipad is a generous 3/4" wide:
That extra piece of wood at the top of the stand flap is necessary to hide the end of the screws holding the hinge in place.
How to make a personalized ipad stand:
1. Cut wood pieces:
1 - 3/4" plywood @ 11" x 8" (back)
2 - 1x2 @ 8" (base & front edge)
1 - 1 5/8" x 1/4"thick moulding @ 6" (stand flap)
1 - 1x2 @ 1 5/8" (hides screws)
2. Construct using glue and finish nails:
3. Let dry and sand everything smooth.
4. Print out letter for personalization:
I used monogram KK font at 550 point.
5. Center letter print out on wood back and using ballpoint pen trace around letter outline with heavy pressure:
6. The pressure of the ballpoint pen leaves a slight indent in the wood:
7. Paint on and inside the indent using acrylic craft paint:
8. Attach the back stand flap:
** Do not add string until after sprayed with poly.**
9. Spray both sides with clear satin poly to seal:
10. Staple the end of the jute string to the back and then slide through predrilled hole in flap:
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework