Sew: personalized ruffle towels
Add bias cut ruffles and appliqued letters to a simple bath towel to make it cute as can be!
Inspired by Pottery Barn Teen's ruffle towels:
I made my own version for much less than their $37 bath towel, follow the tutorial down below.
Here's how to make the personalized ruffle towel:
1. Prepare fabric letters for applique.
Print out letters (I used American Typewriter font at 250 point.)
Apply double sided fusible interfacing (heat-n-bond) to wrong side of fabric:
2. Place print out right side down on light box then place fabric right side down on top of print out.
Trace outline of letter onto paper backing of fusible:
3. Cut out fabric letters keeping paper backing on for the moment:
4. Prepare ruffles.
Cut Kona white cotton bias strips at 1 1/4" wide x double the width of your towel x 3:
5. To make ruffles run a long zig zag stitch off center of strips, pull one string GENTLY until strip begins to ruffle:
6. Pin ruffles in place, 3 equal rows and straight stitch down the middle.
Then remove zig zag stitches.
7. Now remove paper backing from letters, center on towel and iron in place:
8. Zig zag stitch around edge of letters, tight and narrow, go slow turning towel as you go.
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Showoff @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework